On this street housed since 1882 one of the grandest tailors, Kilgour. One brand that for three centuries has provided its clients with apparel of the highest standards.
– Kilgour philosophy has become a modern design with craftsmanship and the heritage of Savile Row, says Paula Gerbase, designer at Kilgour.
Skräddarnas mecca Savile Row has in recent years undergone a major rejuvenation. Well-established tailors had to give room for new names as Richard James, Ozwald Boateng and Alexander McQueen. The recent hottest name is Kilgour’s creative director, Carlo Brandelli. The Italian-born Brandelli joined the company in 1997 after having driven the brand Squire became iconic for the entire 90th century britpopera. Occupant of his silvery vespa seen Brandelli first great skepticism in an environment as British as pinstripe suits and Aston Martin.
Today, however, no one hesitates to Carlo Brandelli. 2003 he took over as creative director and the company exchanged its name to Kilgour, having previously been called Kilgour French & Stanbury. The same year Kilgour launched its first line of clothing garments and years later, sales rose by improbable 900 percent! 2005 was designated the Year Brandelli designer male clothing of the British Fashion Award and was also voted by the magazine GQ as the year’s best dressed man. Brandelli has forged a strong brand when Jaguar this year would promote his new XK sports car Brandelli was named as one of ten ambassadors for the British sports car brand, and got a brand new Jag.
Behind this success is a philosophy of modern design with the same quality that belongs to Savile Row. The design is minimalist and is based on an understated elegance.
– There is a strong link to graphics and architecture with a focus on symmetry, proportion and balance, says Paula Gerbase, designer at Kilgour.
Characteristic of Kilgour is the slim silhouette and its unique system of semi-lined suits.
– This system introduced in 2004 has made the suit easier while lining with piping in strong contrast colors become as beautiful as the outside, said Paula Gerbase.
Kilgour minimalist design has attracted customers who would get any other fashion houses to boil with envy. Or what about Jude Law ,Hugh Grant and Daniel Craig . The typical customer otherwise described as elegant, discreet and creative.
Ahead of the autumn collection Kilgour continues in the same path as before, with the development of the classic men’s fashion:
– Autumn collection is very graphic and place great emphasis on luxurious fabrics combined with unique designs. Stripes and dots used very subtly to all kinds of garments, while details and seams are clearly inspired by the tailor, says Paula Gerbase.
That great care is on the material is evident in the autumn collection. For costumes are the main materials are cashmere, mohair and super 120/130 wool. The shirts are sewn by Swiss cotton and cufflinks are handmade by glass from Murano. Kilgour have for the autumn also invested heavily in silk scarves and ties with hand-printed motifs. The color palette for the autumn collection is quite terse, containing, inter alia, navy, charcoal gray, pale pink, chocolate brown and camel.
Carlo Brandelli has previously spoken about Kilgour soon become a sign of the international big catwalk. Whatever the roots will always remain:
– Succession and origin is a distinctive part of Kilgour’s philosophy. It is reflected in the design work, construction of the garments and the purity of the incision, concludes Paula Gerbase.
Savile Row, London, United Kingdom. Photo: Jeff Gilbert …
Virgin Atlantic’s cabin crew complain new Vivienne …
Sir Ian McKellen, English Actor, having a tuxedo fitted at …
Sartorial inspirations — Bespoke Anderson & Sheppard suit …
Savile Row tailors and bespoke suits guide
KAM Portfolio Management
The secret world of gentlemen’s clubs | UK
How To Master Morning Dress
English Gentleman Style
JY by Jasonyao Yao: BAPE STORE LONDON AT SOHO
dress shirt studs
Covetable shoe collection | Men´ Shoes
.História da Moda.: Anos 50
How wide should my jacket lapels be? – Permanent Style
2011 Audi Q5 Reviews and Rating
Reciklante: Vestimentas de este siglo
The 25+ best Dan norton great britain ideas on Pinterest …
1930s fashion on Tumblr